Last Updated on January 18, 2023
Over the past few years, we’ve seen a huge rise in the number of women experiencing hair loss due to covid, #covidhairloss has amassed more than 131 million videos attached to the hashtag alone on TikTok.
Could Mielle Rosemary Mint Growth Oil be an answer to this? The viral product has been doing the rounds on social media and the reviews seem to be pretty incredible.
The viral hair treatment features more than 30 essential oils and nutrients and is infused with Biotin – let’s do a deep dive into the main ingredients and see if it can really promote hair growth.
Does Mielle Rosemary Mint Oil Help Hair Growth?
- Rosemary essential oil is a powerful ingredient that strengthens circulation and has been linked to hair growth in a number of scientific studies. In a 2015 study it was found that rosemary oil was just as effective as Minoxidil — which is known as the gold standard for thickening up hairlines and is one of the few ingredients that has a proven link to hair growth.
- Peppermint oil not only causes a tingling, refreshing cooling sensation when applied to the scalp but it contains menthol which is a vasodilator. This substance dilates the blood vessels which can stimulate blood flow. Increasing blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles, means that your hair has a better chance of growing faster and feeling thicker.
- Biotin, commonly used for hair loss and thinning, stimulates keratin production in the hair and increases the rate of follicle growth.
- Eucalyptus Oil is an anti-inflammatory that can reduce scalp inflammation, and which allows for a healthy environment for hair growth.
- Jojoba Seed Oil is known for adding moisture and protecting the hair.
- Castor Seed Oil, is another known haircare ingredient that nourishes the hair and can stimulate hair growth.
Given the promising studies, effective ingredients and the thousands of glowing reviews and before and afters on TikTok, Instagram and Amazon consider me converted.
Popular hair vlogger @sarahhashcroft also swears by the product, and commenters on her video agreed that they’ve seen enormous growth from using it once a week.
At £10.99 in Superdrug, it seems like a no brainer. Just be ready to stock up next time you find the hero product in store as we all know what happens to any viral TikTok product, those two dreaded words — sold out.
Keep scrolling for exactly how to use the product as recommended by Mielle.
Wear Next may receive a small commission if you click a link from one of our articles onto a retail website and make a purchase.
How To Use Mielle Rosemary Mint Oil
The instructions as per Mielle are as follows:
If using as a scalp treatment – section your hair into 4 parts exposing your scalp. Apply a small amount of oil to your scalp and massage the oil in with your fingers and comb through to the ends of your hair. Leave in and style as desired.
If using daily – apply a small amount to your scalp and comb through to ends.
If using for split end care – apply the oil to the ends of your hair, place a processing cap on your head and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse and proceed with shampooing.
Shop Mielle Rosemary Mint Oil
Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint Growth Hair Oil, £10.99, Superdrug – buy now